I'm gearing up for the new TV shows to start. I don't have much time to watch TV, but I manage to squeeze plenty of it in each week when necessary, thanks to tivo. And by necessary, I mean, watching shows like...
The Office - Most people seem to like this show. It's painfully awkward at times, but oh-so-funny. J always enjoys the "boy humor", which never strikes me nearly as funny as it does him. But, it's just one of those shows with a little something for everyone. My favorite character is Andy - I laugh out loud when he sings.
Biggest Loser - I find this show downright inspiring. While I haven't been stick thin since about the 5th grade, I never struggled with being obese either. The people who go on this show probably all qualify as obese and they do amazing things during the course of the season. Kudos to them for being brave enough to stand in front of America in very little clothing and get weighed. Then, they let us watch them shed pound after pound through good ol' sweat and tears. Maybe I like it too because Allison Sweeney, aka Sami from "Days", is the host. I watched far too much Days in college...anywho...I'm always motivated after I watch. I only wish my elliptical was in front of my TV instead of in the basement facing the concrete blocks. Watching spiders isn't nearly as inspiring.
Lipstick Jungle - This could definitely be added to my "Guilty Pleasures" (or, this category could easily be titled "Kind of Embarrassed to Admit I Like") list down on the right side of the blog. I can't remember exactly how I got hooked on this show...probably the same way I got snagged into "What About Brian?"...how sad that that show is gone. I digress. Anyways, LJ is just a fun girly show...a little like Sex in the City, I suppose. Not something you watch with your kids. Not something J would ever watch with me. I'm a Brooke Shields fan - especially after the whole Tom Cruise/PPD thing. I was a 90210 junkie, so was happy to see Lindsay Price renew her acting career. And Andrew McCarthy...hello? Pretty in Pink? If only Molly Ringwald were in it too.
Let's hear some of your "must see's" and, more importantly, your embarrassed-to-admit-you-watch shows. Come on now, we don't all just watch CNN. What show or movie do you always stop and watch at least part of? For the record, I always stop and watch "Steel Magnolias" even though I own a copy. Love that Sally Fields.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
With 3 busy boys and working PT, I don't really watch that much TV anymore...honestly!
Last year's must see list:
Amazing Race
American Idol
This year, I'm planning on replacing American Idol w/ Biggest Loser.
Guilty Pleasures: (rarely happens)
Dateline, 48 Hours, Extreme Home Make-Over
Embarrassed to Admit:
Top Gun
Sleeping With the Enemy
Very very bad acting but I Tivo The Secret Life of an American Teenager on the ABCFamily. It's from the creators of 7th Heaven so there is some religious undertones but wow the acting is baaaaaaaad!
Cheerleading and Dance competitions on ESPN.
Love Law and Order anything and I've seen just about all of them...
wow lil'mama-Law and Order is on every channel at some point during the day-impressive that you've seen them all...
must see:
L O S T, idol, Race, Survivor, Terminator-Sarah Connor Chronicles, Office, How to Look Good Naked, Deadliest Catch
guilty pleasure:
Top Model, anything Matthew McConaughey
Embarrassed about:
Hannah Montana (it's actually well written!),
Also a biggest loser fan. I don't have Tivo, so I miss Grays anatomy.
Otherwise, I have become a Jon and Kate plus 8 fan. Scott doesn't understand how I can listen to kids scream all day here and then turn the T.v on and listen to more kids scream. : )
I think it helps me feel like I am not the only one with a crazy house. : )
Guilty pleasure: General Hospital at Nap time.
I too have many guilty pleasures thanks to Tivo:
1)Biggest Loser - I love the theme song...inspirational but never enough to get me to actually break a sweat
2)Project Runway - I can feel like I am on the cutting edge of fashion while wearing clothes from 5 years ago
3)The Office - It makes me feel like my office is really not all that disfunctional...plus my hubby and I both can watch it together.
4)Samantha Who? - It's just funny...the character, Andrea (think 90210 for pronunciation), is totally sarcastic and wrong on all levels.
5)What Not to Wear - It's like having the county fair people watching right there on your Tivo.
P.S. I love the blog!
DVR fan myself, the only way to catch shows after the ladies go to bed. Are you ready for my I am embarassed to admit long list?
Days (since 5th grade) and would you guess that Steffano is after Marlana again!
Biggest Loser
American Idol
So you think you can dance
ER
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice (if it comes back)
Last but not least House
I love your Blog Delle!
Post a Comment