Friday, August 8, 2008

Sightseeing at the Fair

Pretty.



What you can't quite see here is his sweet 16-year old boy pencil, thin mustache. The black socks are also worth mentioning.




Weird Al Yankovich. Someone spent their own time, presumably not while in prison with no other options, drawing Weird Al.




It is challenging to catch moving subjects without drawing attention. But, people, this IS indeed Batman. Plus, Meatball has the same shirt.




Hasn't anyone told him that Michael Bolton cut his hair?




I spy Milli Vanilli.




I don't know where you can buy parachute pants these days, but this fella found it. Plus, he's got a matching fanny pack.


Pat


Let's be honest. The fair is full of freaks. And freaks are fun. Now I don't mean to offend anyone here. So if you dress like this or know someone who does (frankly, the closest person is probably me), I'm sorry.


J and I snapped a few shots of our favorites, though there were far too many to capture. Plus, there's an art to capturing these sights on camera. You either have to be far enough away that they don't realize a complete stranger is 1) laughing at them and 2) taking their picture, or you have to place your own subject near them that can act as your decoy. You can also get the "bonus picture" which is when a freak shows up accidentally in one of your pictures without you realizing it. These are especially fun. Generally, we opt for the first option because it's easier, but you really probably can get better photos if you go with option number two.


Just food for thought.

4 comments:

LM said...

This post had me falling out of my chair with laughter. Fabulous.
I'm a friend of lil mama's and my hubby & I love your blog. (I should note, by the way, that my husband also wears madras print shorts and rocks out to Guitar Hero. We have our own Meatball who preferred a nocturnal life style for quite a while and we all give your pumpkin crunchers 2 thumbs up. Okay...I think I covered all random topics.)

Vivi said...

Welcome Im! Any friend of lil'mama is a friend of mine. It sounds like we've got plenty in common! Hope you continue to enjoy the posts and recipes. Thanks for reading!

Dawson's Brain said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Bono said...

Vivi...oh how I miss the MN fair..the people watching is outstanding...next to Las Vegas it is one of the top places to people watch. Living in Cali you get used to seeing everyone have fake everything in body parts, bright white teeth, and not wearing much of anything. My favorite are the 50 year old woman that wear the clothes that should be worn by their teenage kids...I like to yell out "Dress your age!" Ok this is turning into my blog so I will end with this. If you have not, I recommend you read The Shack by William Young...excellent read...I couldn't put it down. Take care.