Monday, March 2, 2009

As it goes...

...Banany is sick now.

She woke up last night with a fever and was up for hours. This morning she was on fire again and said she has a headache, her eyes itch and her tummy feels really yucky. The sure sign of illness for her is that she doesn't eat breakfast, which is what happened this morning.

Fortunately, I stay home with them, so no frantic calling around to figure out childcare and work changes, and we didn't have any plans for the day. Not too many days usually pass that I don't think about how blessed I am to be home with the kids, but it's days like this (after nights like last night) that I'm really thankful.

She was all bundled up on the couch in blankets and was drawing in her notebook.
I came in and saw this. See her tears? She wasn't being dramatic and didn't call me over to look at it...just quietly drew how she felt. Poor girl.

4 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Hang on to that picture.

What a bummer to be sick.
Hope it passes quickly.

Hilary said...

That picture is too sweet. I take A LOT of things for granted in life, but one thing I feel like I am good about being grateful for is relatively healthy kids. Hope she's feeling better soon.

lil' mama said...

Oooooh poor Bananz! Give her a hug from us.

Sally said...

Get well soon Banany Pie