Friday, March 13, 2009

Five Guilty Pleasures

My bloggy friend (and J's college friend), Cathy, "tagged" me to come up with a list of five guilty pleasures. This was not easy, as I have a pretty long list, but after a bit of list-narrowing, here are the results...Oh, and if you're so inclined, consider yourself tagged. I'd love to hear what your guilty pleasures are. Post it on your blog or leave it in the comment area.

1. Browsing recipes. I love, love, love to do this. There are dozens of cooking blogs that I read almost on a weekly basis and a few that I have to read daily. This is my cookbook cabinet. I have hundreds of recipes that I've printed and categorized (see those purple binders?) and hope to give them a try sometime. I love cookbooks, cooking shows, cooking websites...love it all. I absolutely spend time doing this when I should be doing lots of other things. Notice I didn't take a picture of my house for you.

2. Bad TV. I'm a magnet to bad television. Don't get me wrong, I like plenty of "good" tv too, but there are a number of shows I'm embarrassed to admit I watch. I love sitting down to something totally mindless and entertaining. I don't like being "challenged" when I watch tv. I like laughing and cringing and thinking romance is still alive.
Shows like these ensure that for me.

Lipstick Jungle. Sadly, it's been cancelled.

The Bachelor/ette.
It's just fun. It's silly and ridiculous and like a bad romance novel.


Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Truth be told, one of my five guilty pleasures could be all things Tori Spelling.
I don't know why I love that girl, but for some strange reason I do. Fake parts and all.
I'm an old 90210 addict and would stop and watch an episode any day of the week.
3. Pajama Pants. Never met a pair I didn't like and at one point, I had nearly 20 pairs. I finally got rid of some and I can't wait to buy more. I don't wear them to bed or in public, but everywhere in between.

4. Eyebrow Waxing. I hope I inherited a lot of things from my dad, but I really wish I hadn't inherited his eyebrows. His exact eyebrows. I was not introduced to the concept of brow waxing until my 20's, so sadly, I've got many years worth of bad pictures. Should my children be so endowed, they will be treated to the brow wax at the earliest appropriate age.

Our engagement picture. This makes me laugh out loud.
If I wasn't so distracted by my eyebrows, I might notice how stupid that hot dog roll bang looks. And to think he married me anyways.

No, that's not a caterpillar.


5. Whipped Cream. I will put this on just about anything and I will eat it plain. When topping a dessert or hot chocolate, I put waaaaay too much whipped cream on to begin with. Then, I eat it up and put on some more. I like the real stuff the best, but will eat the fake stuff with almost as much ease. I distinctly remember getting spanked as a kid after lying to my mom that I wasn't the one who drug a finger through the container of cool whip.
Of course I did it.

4 comments:

cathy said...

Okay, I love you all the more for posting these! (I've been checking often to see if you had.) And who doesn't love a little Tori Spelling now and then!

Young Adventures... said...

Love it! Glad you guys are feeling better!

Mrs. Cox said...

OOOOH, girl. You got some good guilty pleasures! I am so with you on the bad TV. Your engagement picture ROCKS. You guys are adorable...hot dog/caterpillar bangs and all. I may have to do the guilty pleasure post sometime too...like it.

Hilary said...

Even though we're sisters, I can only relate to you parts of the bad TV and a few PJ pants. Maybe I should try some of the others?!