Friday, March 6, 2009

Meatball Update

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement. They are felt and very much appreciated! Here's a quick update on the little man...

Meaty went to bed last night, yet again, with a fever in the 102-103 range. We gave him some ibuprofen around 7:30, along with dose #2 of his antibiotic, Cefprozil. He woke up around 10:30, very, very sweaty...as in, change-your-clothes-cuz-you're-wet-sweaty. He fell asleep with me rocking him again - I would have sat there like that all night if I wasn't so exhausted myself. One of my most favorite things in the world (besides clean sheets, but that's a whole different post), is rocking/holding a sleeping baby.

Much to my surprise, and in spite of me waking about every 30 minutes waiting for him to wake up, he slept until 7:30 this morning. I was thrilled and thought surely his fever must be gone. I gave him dose #3 of antibiotics, but no ibuprofen.

Initially, it seemed like he was doing significantly better and I thought we were in the clear. As the morning went on, his fever began creeping up again. Without any fever reducing medicine, he seems to be hanging right at that 99-100 mark.

I called our pediatrician's office and she feels like it's coming down. But if it hits 102 or higher at any point now, we need to get in and get his white blood count retested. Honestly, I'm not optimistic that he won't spike a higher fever again tonight, as evenings have been his roughest time of day.

But we'll keep praying things keep moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cox said...

Hope things are going better today for Meaty. Thanks for the update.