Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reinforcement

Reinforcement came my way the last few days in the form of my sister, who will be known in the future as "Saint Hilary", and my parents.


Even last week when germs were raging around my house and probably swirling up above it like Pig Pen in Charlie Brown, she came over to bring Banany to school for me when Meaty and I were sick. She checked in several times a day to see how we were doing and what we needed. More than once, she picked up something for me at the grocery store.

We couldn't risk exposing her family to the junk, but she did absolutely anything and everything she could otherwise. Now that we're feeling better, twice this week she took Meaty for me while Banany was at school. On Tuesday, I had horrendous sinus pressure and thought I would either throw up or pass out - a great combo, by the way, with kids who are 2 and 5 and don't know the meaning of "be quiet, please" or "can you get it yourself?". And today, she simply offered to let me have an hour and a half to work out and get a few things done before J comes home tonight.

Saint Hilary = Lifesaver and Sane maker. Thank you.

My parents also joined in on the fun and surprised me with an offer to come over yesterday after naps and stay until bedtime. I was able to make a quick Target run and have an hour out of the house. My mom went and picked up Mexican for dinner and my dad entertained one kid while I got the other through the tub. As a bonus, he completely swept out our filthy garage! My mom and dad kept me company, indulging me in some adult conversation, and gave the kids some much needed attention and lovin'.

Parents = Perfect Distraction and Rescue Heroes. Thank you.

J re-enters the picture tonight after the kids are down. The only person more excited to have him home than me, is him. :) He took tomorrow off and we're looking forward to spending the day together as a family.

Ahhhh....I can come up for air now.

6 comments:

Buckman Family said...

You have had a rough few weeks. I'm happy that you had some help from Hil and your parents. You deserve a night away!

Mrs. Cox said...

Hilary...she is a good one. In college she took care of me too. (Mainly when it came to the cleaning!) :) Thanks, Hil.

cathy said...

What would we do without family???? I am so happy you're all on the mend. Now just keep J healthy so you're not single mom again while he's sick in bed.

Hilary said...

Aw shucks. You're all too kind. I was more than happy to help out where I could.

Bono said...

I hope u and J are having a wonderful weekend and getting reacquainted. I am in Colorado Springs right now on a job interview and I'm missing my family like crazy and I have only been gone since.....yesterday. Kudos to you both...talk to u soon.

Young Adventures... said...

Sisters are the best!!!!