Sunday, March 15, 2009

Viv's Version of the Post-It Note

Ok, so not nearly as genius as the almost-accidental-invention of 3M's famous post-it notes.

In case you're not familiar with the story, apparently the adhesive used in the pad wasn't originally intended to be used to stick paper together. But it wasn't sticky enough for it's intended use. Years later, a man remembered the sticky substance and developed the idea that if you applied the sticky stuff on the backs of paper, you could flip back and forth...thus the creation of the post-it note.

Now that I've spelled it all out, this is nothing like that.

But this recipe was created because of a failed dessert and a little creativity.

This was back when Meatball was pretty sick. Banany was going to a friend's house to play for the day and they were having her over for dinner. I didn't have time to do anything "special" but wanted to at least send a batch of brownies. I made some from the box, but cut them way too soon and destroyed them.

I didn't want to eat them out of the pan that afternoon...and the odds were REALLY good that I would if I didn't do something with them and throw them in the freezer. So I scooped up the big brownie mess and put it into a mixing bowl. These not-very-pretty-but-very-very-tasty brownie balls were the result.

Viv's Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
1 package Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix (with the syrup pouch)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/2 cup -3/4 cup peanut butter chips
Make package of brownies (any package would do, I'm sure) according to directions. Immediately after cooking, scoop them out of the pan into a large mixing bowl. After they've cooled a bit, add the peanut butter and peanut butter chips and stir to combine.
Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, scoop out even sized balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Chill or freeze until ready to eat. I froze these on the cookie sheet, then moved them to a freezer bag. Before we ate them, I just let them thaw at room temperature and they were fabulous.
Sometimes accidents aren't so bad.



1 comment:

Sally said...

don't recall those coming over to the official taste testing house