Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Not Better Yet

Quite possibly the most pathetic picture I've ever taken. It honestly makes me get teary when I see it even now.

Meaty went to bed last night with a pretty good fever and some ibuprofen. He slept until 4:30 this morning and woke up with a raging fever again. After lots of TLC and some more medicine, he went back to sleep. He actually seemed to be doing pretty well this morning until about 11:00, when I noticed some strange coloration on his face near his ears and nose and decided it was time to call the pediatrician.

We spent much of the afternoon at the doctor having some basic tests run on him. They determined, so far, that he's got some sort of mystery bacterial infection (his white blood counts were in the high range). He's back on an antibiotic to see if it will kick whatever is going on in there. They want to seem him back on Friday for additional tests if the fever isn't going down on it's own by then.

Prayers for my little man, please.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Already praying for the guy

Buckman Family said...

Poor baby! I'm praying for you guys. take care.

maxandpidge said...

We are praying for little MaX. The picture made me tear up too. Sending lots of love and health!

lil' mama said...

praying
love you guys

Mrs. Cox said...

I hate fevers!! Yuck. Praying it will break soon.

Hilary said...

We're praying for him. Holler if you need anything.

Bono said...

Tell Meatball Uncle J and Aunt L and JD are praying for ya in Cali!!

Young Adventures... said...

Oh sweetie! He'll be in our prayers

cathy said...

I hate fevers. They are scary! So of course lots of prayers... I hope the antibiotics start working immediately!