Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I'm fortunate enough to have two great dads in my life.

My dad has been a great influence on my life and I try to be like him in many ways. As a parent, the one that continually stands out to me is the fact that I never heard him yell in anger. Not once. Um...anyone else think that's hard? Besides that, he was often silly with us - doing things like putting us in the tub with our clothes on. He took us places - swimming in a nearby lake after dinner. He's phenomenally patient and laid back...two traits I admire tremendously and seem to have missed in myself!

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you.


The Smith gang on one of our many camping trips.


To say the "father bar" was set high would be an understatement. Poor J had a lot to live up to and he didn't even know it (for that matter, neither did I). But he has exceeded my expectations over and over again. He is an unbelievable dad. I literally could not have hand-picked a better dad for Banany and Meatball. Happy Father's Day, J! We love you!

He's not afraid to get out of his comfort zone for the kids.
One of my recent favorites.

An old favorite.


He plays, plays, plays.
He likes to do things with the kids.


Even when they're stinkers.



picture by Olivia
One of my old faves of the two of them.

4 comments:

Sally said...

A sweet tribute to 2 fine dads!

PTCPAPA said...

Thanks, Vivi, and yes your post made me teary. That's 2 Fathers Day messages from you this year, because you already gave me a funny card yesterday, along with delicious pound cake and fabulous chocolate whichamacallit. I love the family camping picture on your post. I don't even remember that picture. I was wearing the same silver dollar belt that I still wear occasionally. Your blog writing is always entertaining. Keep it up! Love ptcp

Bono said...

J is a great dad...hope your Father's day was awesome. Congrats on the fun victory.

Young Adventures... said...

Love it...so sweet! I just picked up 3 Ed Emberly books from the library. Now I can't get Ian to go to bed! He is enthralled with the weirdos book!