Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Obvious Choice

J and I took the kids to Target tonight - not usually their favorite thing to do. We've stooped to bribing them with a $1 toy if they behave the entire time we are there. I know, I know...add this to the long list of things I have to undo later.

Meaty's choice is always a new Matchbox car. Always. No need to even discuss other options. $0.97. Done.

Banany hemmed and hawed a bit, striking out at attempts to get a more expensive toy. I directed her to the beloved dollar bins (LOVE those). She looked at a princess stamp, some fancy pens, tattoos...showing some interest, but not loving anything.

Then, there it was. She said, "Mom, THAT'S what I want. Yep, that's it."



We busted out that baby before we even got to the car and you should have heard the belly laughs all the way home.
Honestly, I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a few extras for Christmas stocking stuffers.

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

Why am I not surprised :) Funny!

cathy said...

she is her father's daughter.