Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Drawings - some personal favorites

Banany has been drawing up a storm lately. When I was out of town last weekend, she drew the picture Snow White for the first time, which J proudly sent to my phone. My sister's husband has a natural talent for drawing and grew up learning to draw from Ed Emberley books. I checked one out at the library for Bananz and she loves it - heck I love it. We've had so much fun copying his drawings - it is incredibly kid friendly and cute. I highly recommend it if anyone has interest in drawing animals. Maybe he does other things too, but this was the book we checked out.

Snow White (sorry, don't know why it turned sideways...).
It's actually surprising she couldn't fight off the evil queen with those club arms.



Some drawings from the Ed Emberley book.


I can hardly stand how cute these are.


And yes, I'm saving these. I have to be a little picky about which drawings I save these days because there literally are hundreds. I save different kinds for different reasons, but these first attempts are absolutely precious and they definitely go into the "keep" pile.

8 comments:

Buckman Family said...

Wow! She did a great job! I will have to check out that book for Mira - she loves to draw and color.

C Love said...

Wow! Those are amazing. What a little artist you have!

lil' mama said...

Nice work Bananz! Are you going to frame any, Vivs?

Heather said...

I agree-framing them is fun. I've got framed pics in their rooms and their bathroom. A "wall of shame" like mom and dad have would be fun too. Make sure she signs them and puts her age :)

Vivi said...

I haven't framed any yet - great idea!

Mrs. Cox said...

Thanks for the book title. We will have to check it out. I have an artist over here too.

Kari said...

I have also bought frames for some of Alexandra's pictures.
I think you have a little artist on your hands. Alexandra loved going to art classes, you should find some for the summer.

Sally said...

These really are amazing, such detail