Friday, March 26, 2010

Elmer Fudd


Banany stepped out into the backyard the other day, but before she got all the way out, said, "Uh, mom, is that a dead rabbit in our yard?" Sure enough, laying in our rocks, in absolutely perfect view of the family room was a dead rabbit. Thankfully, it seemed to have died of natural causes, not a battle with some kind of animal (read, no mess).
No one could be happier than Elmer Fudd. Ahem, I mean J. He'd like nothing more than to go in our yard and blast these little things to kingdom come for eating our shrubs, but I still can't figure out how I'd explain that to the neighbors. Not to mention, the furry critters win the foot race every time. Fortunately, for all of us, it just dropped over dead. Meaty was all into scooping it up with a shovel and asked if he could touch it. Eek. Elmer Fudd and Mini Me.

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

ewwwww, so who did the clean up job?

Hilary said...

Brian's jealous. He'd love to see some dead bunnies in our yard.