Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baaaa

First, I just have to say...Come on people! Look at the voting results....3, 3 and 3?!?!? You guys did that on purpose so that I'd make all three recipes, didn't you? Just to get you back, I might start with the red velvet cake.

As I mentioned earlier, Banany got a cookbook and some cooking gear for Christmas. I told her we could start with her picking out one treat recipe and one non-treat recipe. The treat recipe involved lots of frosting, marshmallows and m&m's...in the form of animal cupcakes. The "non-treat" recipe, which we haven't made yet, are berry filled crepes covered in whipped cream. Yeah, sweetie, I was thinking more silly animals made out of vegetables, but ok.

So, I picked up the goodies to make the cupcakes and we worked on them the other night.

He never even attempted to make a cupcake animal. He dove right into the frosting.

Diggin' in.

There may have actually been more frosting than cupcake.


The finished product!

Meaty's finished product, which he didn't eat.

Baaa...nice work, Banany!

Our inspiration in the kids cookbook.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Someday we'll be watching B on Top Chef, silly faces and all

lil' mama said...

oooh I can't wait to see Banany on Top Chef! Good one Nana. My grammie use to make strawberry crepes that were out of this world. She also made to-die-for cream puffs. :) Yumm!

Mrs. Cox said...

I voted for the red velvet cake! Yea! I was hoping you would do that one. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!