Saturday, January 24, 2009

Winter Pics

We're in a serious cold snap here. It's downright painful to be outside, especially if it's windy, for more than a few minutes at a time. Throughout the state, temps in the -20's to -30's have been reported...and that's not even factoring in the windchill, which is often a factor. This isn't really conducive to getting a 2 year old in and out of a car seat, or running on an icy parking lot with a cart full of groceries. Having said that, it's not like it's a surprise and we just deal with it. I will tell you that I've been very thankful for a warm house many times in the last month.

Sunrise was stunning the other morning. I'm sure a meteorologist would have some scholarly explanation for what happened, but the result was beautiful. My pictures didn't quite capture it, but it was wonderfully sunny and everything had this feathery-icicle-snowy look to it.


And just because it's so fun and easy to change my look, we're starting Valentine's a few weeks early.

1 comment:

C Love said...

Great pics, although I sure do wish it was summer, despite the beauty!