Sunday, January 11, 2009

Go Bolts!

Today is a big day at our house.

J is a native Californian, raised in a suburb of San Diego, and grew up watching the San Diego Chargers play football year after year. Moving across the country has not lessened his die-hard passion for his home team. Today, his beloved Chargers play in the divisional playoffs against Pittsburgh. If they win tonight, they go on to play for the AFC Championship...and next...dare we hope...the Superbowl.

Thanks to J's mom and my aunt and uncle, who are in CA, we are all fully dressed in Charger gear and ready for the big game.

Go Bolts! Please win so that I have a happy husband tonight.

Whoopin' and hollerin' for the Bolts.

Come on Banany. I know you've been wearing that outfit for 3 days, but cheer anyways.

Or, roar. That's fine.


San Diego Super Chargers!

3 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Holly, I will hope for a win for your sake. I have been there and done that. You should have seen me last March when Nate's beloved Jayhawks were in the NCAA championship BB game. I was a wreck. I find it funny how something that I could have cared less about before marrying this crazy sport guy is now so important. But I love it.

Bono said...

I've just now recovered from the Charger loss to feel comfortable in responding to your blog. How come this did not make it as this year's Christmas card picture? That is awesome. Can I post it on my facebook page...I'll put it next to the pic of me and J in "close proximity" of each other on his birthday many year ago...we look like more than "just friends" I think I have your mom to thank for that one don't I???

Bono said...

One more comment, we just got JD the same shirt Meatball has. Outta Sight!