Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blue Cheese Red Onion Dip

I'm pretty excited about my first official post of the new year. Naturally, I came across this dip on a blog that I read occasionally. I made it for us to eat on New Year's eve, but we had so much fantastic food (my super-duper "cooker" friend, C, and her family came over) that I never even broke this out. J and I had it the next day and this one is going into the "keeper" pile.

It's so easy...just a little bit of chopping...but packs a lot of flavor.

Obviously, if you don't like blue cheese, don't bother. But if you like blue cheese, you'll surely enjoy this one. It's a great alternative to bruschetta, which is delicious in it's own right, but it's always fun to have food options, isn't it?!?!?



Blue Cheese Red Onion Dip
1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
Pinch of salt
Grind of pepper


Mix all ingredients and serve with crackers or bread.


My notes: I made the dip a day ahead of time and served it with a take-n-bake french baguette. I sliced the bread and put the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet under the broiler until lightly golden (maybe 5 minutes). Then, I put the dip on and toasted another minute or so. I think next time I make this, I'll use just a little less oil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly - just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I, too, have developed an insane enjoyment with cooking and all that goes with it so I really enjoy your recipes and photos - dislike cookbooks with no photos. It's also fun to keep up with your family.

The blue cheese dip sounds wonderful - must try. Keep 'em coming.

Happy New Year!

Elizabeth

Vivi said...

Hey Elizabeth!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog. I'd heard that you were loving gettin' in the kitchen too-isn't it fun?!?! I really try not to post recipes without a picture...I'm so often sold on the picture alone and do not often make something I can't see beforehand! Keep reading and be sure to check in now and again and tell me if you've made anything super yummy lately!