I found this recipe on allrecipes, which really is a great resource if you've never checked it out. There are literally hundreds of recipes at your fingertips, and they're reviewed by those who've made them. I generally try to choose a recipe that's got 4.5 - 5 stars on the rating system and has been rated by a good number of "cookers." You can also adjust the serving size and it will recalculate the measurements for you.
Since discovering the beauty of jellied cranberry sauce and meat, which apparently most of the world already knew about, I figured this recipe for Cranberry Pork Chops would be a hit. It was really tasty, super easy...I'll definitely make this again.
6 bone-in pork loin chops
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
Place pork chops in a slow cooker. Combine cranberry sauce, juice, sugar and mustard until smooth; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops; keep warm. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve over chops.
My notes: I used about half the sugar. I served this with whole wheat noodles.

6 comments:
What are some usual side dishes you serve at Cafe Vivi?
Hey lil' mama, some of my more common side dishes are one or two of the following...brown rice, pasta, raw veggies, and steamed veggies (as in, microwaved in the steam-in bag). I try not to do tons of breads, though it's one of my favorite things in the whole world...
thanks vivs! :)
Your blog makes me feel so guilty about the amount of CRAP my family eats! Sugar, sugar and then more sugar!
this recipe is one I've made for years. We like it with hash brown casserole or garlic mashed potatoes. Super super easy!
Hil, I didn't say my kids ate it...that's a whole 'nother post!
Post a Comment