adapted from Healthy Cooking magazine
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon peel. Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
My notes: I omitted the walnuts and used an egg substitute instead of the egg (I didn't have any real eggs, but I did have Egg Beaters).

5 comments:
The muffins all lined up remind me of my danceline days! Kickline, all ready to go.
I like the tray the muffins are on. Is it from your big shopping day?
Indeed it is, lil' mama! One of my favorite finds the day of the shopping spree!
Love the new look....even if it's temporary :) Hey - I just came upon an interesting site and thought I'd pass it along to you, although you may already know about it. It's 101cookbooks.com - it's mostly vegetarian/natural cooking - I'm looking forward to digging into it a big more.
Elizabeth, thanks for the cooking website. I haven't seen that one before - I'm looking forward to checking it out!
Post a Comment