Friday, April 3, 2009

Before and After

The polls are now closed.

Thanks to the one reader who selected the "You've proven to be really bad with hair (see Kid Rock). Seek professional help immediately." Had I voted, I may have picked that one also.

But, majority ruled and I took the kids to get haircuts. It's a major struggle every morning at our house when it's time to comb Banany's hair. Her style is cute, but it rarely actually looks cute. Apparently, I've passed on my hair apathy to my daughter. She's a 5 year old kid who could care less about her hair. Frankly, it would bother me much more if she did care about her hair right now, but as a result, it was either constantly in her face or a barrette limply hanging on for dear life. She fought me on anything that took longer than...oh, .006 seconds to do. So, it was time for a change.

They sat like superstars - I was very proud of them. With each kid in a chair at the same time...I was tempted to run next door to Subway for lunch, but I resisted.

Before: My lil' shag dog.

Before: My lil' overgrown-used-to-be-a-cute-style girl.


Seconds before heading to the "haircut store."

And after! Lollipops in hand, life is good.

After: Meaty, all trimmed up.

After: Banany.
I think it's really sweet, and a nice change.

4 comments:

C Love said...

They're both adorable!

lil' mama said...

Love them both!

Sally said...

The Banany just became 9 instead of 5

Sure wish I had the Meaty's curls

cathy said...

They are so sweet! Really, you'd never know that the youngest eats Chapstick!