Thursday, April 23, 2009

When dad restocks the costume box

Our neighborhood is having its huge semi-annual garage sale this week. You know I love a bargain and it doesn't get much better than hitting the garage sales. I usually try to hit a few to get some clothes for the kids and J heads out for toys. This year, he went out of the norm and picked up a new dress-up goody for Banany.

The only problem was...it's just a tad short.

Which creates a second problem. She has no problem wearing things that don't fit her.

I forced her to put on undies so the cheeks wouldn't be hanging out as she wore this around the house (don't worry, leggings WILL go under this if she goes outside). She resisted, apparently hoping for some draft.

Fortunately, we had some undies that are well disguised under the skirt. She had to find the rest of her "costume" in her closet. Nothing a good ol' tanker top (as she calls it) and mardi gras beads can't solve.


Peeky, peeky.

Look at me in my mismatched pajamas, Simpsons ankle socks, and too-big dress shoes.

His "costume."


I think even Meaty is concerned.

Practicing her moves.

4 comments:

Buckman Family said...

Love it! Very cute!

Bono said...

How come J isn't wearing it?

Mrs. Cox said...

You are hilarious! My dad went garage sale shopping and came home with some real "treasures" for my kids. A month later he asked me, "I haven't seen the kids wearing the clothes I bought them. Are they getting some use out of them?" Now what does one tell their precious daddy? I couldn't say, "The clothes were ugly and too small so no they will not be wearing them!" No, I couldn't do that, instead I said, "Yeah, they're wearing some." :)

Kari said...

Hey I saw that you posted on Heather's blog about making pita chips and hummus. Will I find those recipies in past blogs? I use that for snacks and lunches once and a while. Are there any that don't taste so bean like??
Boy, you Smith girls will make cooking easy around here! : )
I love trying new meals.