I did it.
I ran 5 miles. In a row. Without stopping. Without dying.
My sister, who is a significantly more seasoned, better, and faster runner than I am, went with me. She slowed down her pace so that I could keep up and run the entire time (we both prefer not to stop and walk...kills momentum). She pushed me along, as well as served as a paramedic should I have needed one.
I'm not fast and it most certainly wasn't pretty to passersby. I felt like schnitz during certain parts (mainly the uphill parts in 16 mph wind - brutal!).
But I did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ooooooh! I sense a new runner in the making. I pooh-poohed running until I ran 6 miles at once. What a thrill!!! I am very slow but I'm steady, and you start getting addicted quickly.
Yay YOU!
A 10:22 pace is nothing to be ashamed of. You did great! There's a 10k at the end of April you know?!
Awesome Vivi...you go girl. Very proud of you...you are an inspiration..I'm to go grab some Orea cookies and watch Chariots of Fire!!
Makes me fit to be proud to see our big extended family seriously, but not obnoxiously, committed to individual fitness. It's a priceless gift from one generation to the next. Keep it moving moving!moving!
Awesome! Way to go girl and you are an inspiration! I'm going to use one of my many strollers and go run with C and B! :)
Is there a race we could do in July? I'd love to run with the sistas!
I'll look into a July run and let you know. That would be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment