I signed Meaty up for one-day-a-week preschool for the fall. I signed up immediately once registration was open so that we'd be sure to get in since it fills up fast. He was admitted and is all set to go Friday mornings from 9-11am.
I began to daydream about what those two hours a week would be like when Banany was in kindergarten and Meaty was big enough to be in school too. Would I clean? Grocery shop? Work out? Go grab a coffee? Even nap once in a while?
We got the school packet in the mail on Saturday with Banany's teacher assignment. Great! A teacher about whom I've heard glowing remarks. We're set.
Oh wait.
Kindergarten P.M.
Did I read that right? P.M. As in, afternoon kindergarten?!?!?
Yes, they decided that our neighborhood, for the first time since it was developed, would be afternoon kindergarten this year.
There goes my almost-morning-nap. Good bye clean house. Maybe next year Friday morning coffee run.
After my initial shock, I've adjusted. I think it may actually be good for us. Banany is not an early riser and it will allow us to continue the slow mornings that we like. It will also give me some one on one time with my girl, which we haven't had since before Meaty was born.
So it's ok. I can wait another year.
And, I suppose I could just clean on Saturdays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Banany in Kindergarten. Wow!
um, you're taking it much better than i would. i would just drop my child off at morning kindergarten anyway and tell her to "look like you're supposed to be here."
Post a Comment