I found this easy recipe on a blog that I like to visit. Normally, this gal does baked goods that are waaaay to fancy for me, but this one is a Betty Crocker recipe and how can you go wrong with Betty? This was like three desserts in one - the brownie layer on the bottom, then chocolate chip cookie dough layer in the middle, topped with ganache (or a can of frosting if you prefer). Mmmmmm.......
UPDATE****We've been eating these for the past 2 1/2 days and we both thought they're even better today than they were when I first made them. I suggest making them a day or two before you want to eat them! My friend also suggested they'd be great with a peanut butter cookie mix instead of the chocolate chip. I agree!
adapted from Betty Crocker
1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting or ganache recipe that follows
Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Frost with frosting. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
Pour over the chocolate morsels.
Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.

2 comments:
Sounds and looks fantastic! I take it these are the ones you didn't make for our weekend away. Bummer!
I'm also thinking peanut butter cookie mix in the middle layer....
I'm going to have to try these!
Ah, yeah. Those look delish...
Post a Comment