Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good Times

We're back from our adults-only weekend away with friends. As much as we love our kids, it was really, really nice to hang out with these couples without distractions and taking care of them. We had the BEST time. I have not laughed this much or this hard since...well, I can't remember. We mostly just relaxed, hung out, played inside and out, and laughed. Lots of laughing.

My parents and sister and brother-in-law did a great job keeping things afloat for us here at home. There are some funny stories to tell, but I'll save that for a separate post - coming soon. For now, take a look at the pictures from our weekend. You can see some more here, on our friends' blog.


The cabin where we spent most of our time. Two couples actually slept here and two couples slept in a separate bunkhouse with two additional suites.

The "compound" owner's new home, built this year. They happened to be here this weekend and were kind enough to give us a tour of the inside....BEAUTIFUL.

The boys got to toodle around in this Polaris Ranger - pimped out all-terrain vehicle.


Let's just say, the testosterone was running high.


All of us up in the carpeted, heated, huge deer stand. This was supposed to be a serious picture, but a few were having trouble getting into their serious faces!

The view, looking towards our cabin and the owner's cabin, from the deer stand.


Big Daddy J aiming for a clay pigeon. He's a good shot!

I, on the other hand, was not. This was the first time I shot guns and it kind of freaked me out. I was extremely and suddenly aware of how powerful and deadly guns are (I've never even held one before) and felt quite nervous holding the rifle. I did however totally enjoy shooting a pistol!


The gang before a nice dinner on Saturday night.
Each couple was responsible for one meal - we had some good eats!

3 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Wow! Looks like a fun weekend. Glad you were able to enjoy some good alone time.

lil' mama said...

Looks like a super nice place! Glad you had a good time. I loved hearing the stories about the kids:)

Sally said...

We had fun with the kid too, but we didn't get pictures! What were we thinking?