My poor Meatball.
He was cranky off and on today, but I didn't really think much of it since he's kind of like that sometimes. But at dinner time, he was kind of tugging on his ear and saying he bumped it. He felt a little warm to me and then, after dinner, was whimpering and holding his ear.
I was running Banany to Kids Klub (Wednesday night church activities), so J said he'd take Meaty over to the minute clinic. An hour an a half after killing time at the drugstore, they finally got in and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection and possibly strep. The doctor decided not to test for strep, based on Meaty's red throat, because he was eating a snack. He was prescribed antibiotics to cover both the ear infections and strep, if he has it.
We've been remarkably healthy at our house in about the last 4 years. This is the first ear infection that either of the kids have had, and I consider us fortunate. The poor little guy was miserable tonight. I really feel for the kids who deal with chronic ear infections.
Thankfully, he went to bed just fine, but I'm bracing for a long night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Poor meaty! Saying prayers that he gets better soon and that you both have a good night sleep.
Hopefully the medicine will begin to help him quickly. Not fun...we know all too well at our house!
Sorry you have a little buddy that's not feeling well. It's never fun. Hope your night went okay.
Ouch! No fun. Those dadgum ear infections can come on within a couple of hours. So hard to know if they actually have one or not. Hope he is better soon!
Post a Comment