Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Cookies

The kids and I made sugar cookies the other day to kick off Valentine's Week (it's actually not usually a big holiday around here, but I decided to make it a little bigger this year). I'd picked up some heart cookie cutters last year and would have been a little disappointed with myself if I'd missed the perfect chance to use them.

I found this recipe on my go-to blog and it didn't let me down. These cookies were great!

I had three different sized heart cookie cutters


We just used canned, pink frosting. Yum.

All he wanted to do was eat frosting.


Banany did a great job rolling out the dough.

I loved the tiny cookie cutter.
Ella’s White Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ t. almond extract
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
2 ½ c. sifted flour
Cream butter. Add powdered sugar. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough until firm. Roll to ¼” thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool. Yields ~40 cookies.




4 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Um, can I say, "Yum?" Those look delish...Did you make a homemade frosting or do the Duncan Hines can mix?

Heather said...

those look good. Do you have cabin fever or WHAT????? Good night you're doing a lot of blogging/baking! My life lately consists of memorizing lines, going to the chiropractor (twice in 2 days for my neck), carpool and basketball. Not worth blogging...

Hilary said...

You're killing me! It's bad enough to be thinking about the sweets I'm not supposed to eat, but now I have to look at pictures, too!

Kari said...

I am making these on Friday, but we are adding popsicle sticks to make cookies on a stick. Now I don't need to by the premade sugar cookie dough!
Happy Valentine's Day!