Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate Malted Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate

I'm still plugging through the recipes that I'd presented in my little poll a while ago. One of the four recipes, winning in a four-way-tie, was for Chocolate Malted Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate. I was really excited to try this and was just waitin for the right time to make it. We had a new movie on for the kids and no other plans for the night - fire up the hot chocolate!

This was so good and quick to throw together. It was a really nice, creamy hot chocolate and the Peppermint Patty flavor was awesome. I just had canned whipped cream to put on top, but homemade whipped cream would be fantastic.

We loved this and I can't wait to have it again!

***UPDATE***I've since made this again and used skim milk. Naturally, it wasn't as creamy, but still very good!



I tried to garnish with a half of a Peppermint Patty, but it quickly sunk to the bottom. I quickly dug it out and it was all gooey and melty...yum...
Chocolate Malted Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate
4 cups of 2% milk
12 1/2 tbl chocolate malted milk mix
1/4 cup coffee mate non dairy creamer powder
4 mini New York Peppermint Patties
mini marshmallows, optional
whipped cream, optional...but not really
Pour milk into a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in malted milk and non dairy creamer. Continue to whisk until hot. Stir in peppermint patties and whisk until melted. Top each cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream.
My notes: This recipe was actually presented as a much larger quantity, so I quartered it. Here's the original recipe in case you want to make this for a larger crowd:
1 gallon 2% milk
13 oz Chocolate Malted Milk Mix
1 Cup Coffee Mate, non-dairy Creamer powder
15 mini York Peppermint Patties
mini Marshmallows
Fresh Whipped Cream

No comments: