She was soooo excited. I think it was equally thrilling for her to ride a school bus and go on a field trip. J and I make it to one or two broadway shows a year, and I look forward to doing it as a family someday. But for now, I was happy that she would have her first chance to see a play in a theater.
Parts of the day were a little tough...Typically, these kids go to school, either in the morning or afternoon, for 2 1/2 hours. Yesterday, we had to be at school at 10:50 and got back at 2:45. They suggested that we eat lunch early or eat a big breakfast since we would not be eating lunch and were not allowed to bring any snacks of our own. They did give the kids a package of fruit snacks on the way there and a package of animal crackers and a bottle of water on the way home, but I think just about everyone was starving by 2:30. It was also a 40 minute bus ride each way, about 15 minutes of standing in line, then 25 minutes or so of sitting in theater waiting for the play to start...then an hour play.
Too much sitting + 4 & 5 year olds = A strange combo of hyper and crabby.
The theater had, what I'm assuming was, a volunteer staff of elderly people who clearly were not accustomed to small children. They actually yelled at us.
So, I'm not sure it was the best field trip choice for a group this age, but the play was cute. As a chaperone, I was assigned to keep track of Banany and one other child, her friend, Sydney. Sydney is the kind of little friend every parent loves their child to have. She's sweet, funny, silly, and well-behaved. The girls kept each other entertained and I think they had a great time.


1 comment:
Good Night Moon is one of my favorites, though I can't imagine how they made it into a play
The Banany looks so grown up
Post a Comment